Continued from pt. 1
This next bit here was the most difficult thing to do on the bracing, and it wasn't difficult. I made a notch in the very middle of each piece, exactly as wide as the piece. 4 of the pieces had the notch made in the bottom, and the other 4 had the notch in the top.
To made the initial border cuts I tested the position of the clamped piece of wood before hand so that the outer edges of the border cuts were as far apart as the piece was wide.
Once I had 2 border cuts on each piece I remove the clamped piece and ran the pieces back and forth through the table saw to remove all the wood in the middle.
 |
| The 2 border cuts |
 |
| Back of the same thing |
 |
| 4 top, 4 bottom |
 |
| They fit! |
 |
| 2 per panel |
With all the pieces fit together I rounded everything over and glued the opposing halves together. I used the same Titebond wood glue here that I did before.
I also cut out some longer, wider pieces to join the X pieces together. These pieces have a 45° angle at each end and are just long enough to center each X at the end of the panel back.
 |
| Some interesting clamping was required. |
I glued the long pieces and the X pieces together before gluing them to the panel backing.
I'm posting this in a different order than I actually did it as you can tell by the uncut corners on the panel backing. I'm posting this in (hopefully) the most logical order. I didn't always build stuff in the most logical order.
Comments
Post a Comment