Considering that the panel housing was going to be made entirely from 3mm plywood I wasn't sure how stiff it would be, ideally, I didn't want it to flex at all. The plexiglass is going to be sealed with a caulking of some kind in case it needed to be removed. Any flexing would potentially put stress on the caulking, which might cause it to leak. So to combat the potential for flex I designed some very simple bracing.
I assumed that the panels would be attached at 2 points, likely along the center line. I also have plans to add a little something in the middle of the panel bracing once everything else is complete. Having 2 rails running the length of the panel will be very useful for that.
The bracing was designed to be very simple to build, easy to add stuff onto (using the rail-like parts), and mildly attractive. I didn't want this project to look awful after all. This double X design is probably the third or fourth design I made, it's by far the best and it's what I ended up using.
I assumed that the panels would be attached at 2 points, likely along the center line. I also have plans to add a little something in the middle of the panel bracing once everything else is complete. Having 2 rails running the length of the panel will be very useful for that.
The bracing was designed to be very simple to build, easy to add stuff onto (using the rail-like parts), and mildly attractive. I didn't want this project to look awful after all. This double X design is probably the third or fourth design I made, it's by far the best and it's what I ended up using.
Comments
Post a Comment